Our aim is to demonstrate and ensure safety, environmental and quality compliance with legislation using a system that follows AS/NZS 4801, AS/NZS ISO 14001 and AS/NZS ISO 9001, together with the standards specified in relevant contracts, codes of practice and other relevant requirements.
Input and involvement of all staff and stakeholders is essential and must be sought when identifying and mitigating workplace hazards and risks in order to achieve a safe work place and an environmentally sustainable environment. Management must ensure that all staff and contractors are to be inducted so they become familiar with project processes and risk management techniques.
– Work Profitably with all our clients
– Work with all our clients in an ethical and legal manner with written contract agreements
– Deliver our projects to clients on time and one budget with the intention of satisfying the expectation of the client
– Maintain a level of customer focus with the public that the clients and authorities would be expected to provide themselves
– Provide evidence when requested, that all works have been constructed in accordance with the contract specified requirements
– Use toolbox meetings with employees and the client with the aim of working safely and without damage to the environment on all projects
– Use professional advice where necessary to ensure that our company satisfies the legal requirements of the Health and Safety and Environmental Protection Acts and other legislation or legal requirements covering the projects we work on.
In order to achieve our objective of promoting safety, environmental and quality awareness and to optimise client satisfaction on our projects, we:
– Set measurable objectives and targets
– Focus on these at every level
– Eliminate work related injuries, illnesses and pollution
– Ensure that all staff and contractors understand our policy and their responsibility in maintaining the highest levels of performance
– Comply with certification criteria and the relevant prequalification requirements with the clients we work with,
– Maintain or target an increase in profit each year by reducing rework and minimising waste in all processes,
– Keep up with technology, plant and equipment changes,
– Target improvement in staff and employees competency by ongoing training,
– Provide a level of quality in our work, that is not less than that specified within the contract, and aims to meet the clients expectations
– Have zero workplace Notifiable incidents and less lost time injuries than is annually targeted by the company through ongoing consultation on WHS matters
– Have zero reportable environmental breaches. To not increase any form of pollution in the vicinity of the project. Work with the client to improve the environmental integrity of the area in which we are to be working.
– Ensure our suppliers and subcontractors operate with the same objectives in mind, and
– Strive for continual improvement in service delivery through reviews and measurement of defect notices
We can achieve this by having a suitable trained, competent and committed workforce who know and understand the company objectives and operations of our Management System.
We continuously monitor the IMS through System, Guidelines and Management Review to ensure its ongoing suitability and improve our operations to achieve excellent safety, environmental, quality and cost standards. This enables us to respond to any client concerns in an efficient and effective manner, ensuring client satisfaction.
Management must regularly review this policy and the IMS as a whole to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate. This policy is available to interested parties on request.